Friday, May 22, 2015

Easy And So good: Spanish Chorizo Chicken






Have you met "El Niño"?
El Niño means Christ Child and the term was originally used by Peruvian and Ecuadorian fishermen, referring to a warm current that spears around Christmas time the Peruvian and Ecuatorian coast and can last for several months.
When this climatic phenomena makes its appearance ,dramatical changes in temperature, marine life and even in climatic conditions around the globe are the consequence. 
Here in Lima it's supposed to be autumn, but sun is still shining bright and people walk around in summer clothes.
Now YOU are supposed to say: How wonderful, but wait, we are not living in a perfect world, and other regions of the country are suffering from heavy rain and floodings.

Still a lot of summer veggies around at the farmer's market.
On a visit to Lima's colorful fish market of Lima I noticed the display of strange, exotic fishes that are not seen around here in normal times.
Populations of fish and seabirds vanish and anchovy catches ( one of the world's richest fisheries is off the coast of Peru) dwindle.
As the saying goes "one man's trash is another man's treasure."
The ones of you who read my blog regularly know that whenever I talk about sunny weather, it's followed by easy, light but still yummylicious food.
Spanish Chicken with chorizo is a crowd pleaser that never disappoints and will not keep you in the kitchen the whole day long.
Robust and delicate flavors are in perfect balance in this dish and for me it was love at the first bite.
For the Spanish Chicken With Chorizos you need:

 8 chicken thighs
150 g chorizo ( I prefer the spicy one, it adds a wonderful flavor)
2 red onions, chopped
1/2kg baby potatoes
4 rosemary sprigs
The zest of 2 lemons
 2 spoonful olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Method:
Preheat oven to 220C
Wash baby potatoes carefully under rinsing water.
Put the onions at the bottom of a large baking tray, add the chicken thighs,
 baby potatoes, then scatter over the chorizo, rosemary and the lemon zest.


Chorizos and rosemary add lots of flavor


Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and tender.


*(For a lighter version of this dish, remove skin from chicken 
 thighs)
Serves 6p.
Enjoy!



Share this article

56 comments:

  1. Daniela, I have never tasted spicy chorizo before but from the pictures, your Spanish Chorizo Chicken looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy,
      Hope you can try a spicy chorizo once , it's so tasty.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. What a yummy dish! I know chorizo is an important ingredient here, however I already have a few ideas on how to make it vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniela,
      Wow to make chorizo vegetarian sounds very interesting. Please let me know when you worked it out, would love to try it.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. This definitely sounds like a winner, although I am unable to eat the cured chorizo because of my allergy to garlic. Sigh. I do make homemade loose chorizo, and I think it would work well with that. Such comforting food, even when the climate changes we are dealing with make us less than comfortable. Cheers, David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David,
    Wow, you prepare homemade chorizos, that's fantastic, never had the courage to try but I'm sure they taste so much better than the industrial produced ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we lived in Florida we experienced a couple of El Niño Novembers and Decembers --- much cooler and more rain than normal. Anyway, this dish looks fantastic! I love the flavor of chorizo -- but I like anything that's a bit spicy. Good stuff -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,
      El niño is quite capricious :)
      If you like spicy, I'm sure you would enjoy this Chorizo Chicken.

      Delete
  6. Wow, a lot of flavors! I bet it tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks hearty and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chicken looks delicious and so full of flavor! My husband loves chorizo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous and delicious dish, enjoy the good weather - without too much bad stuff elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyne,
      the weather was gorgeous in Lima until we travelled to Vienna, where we are enjoying a beautiful spring.

      Delete
  10. This dish is so easy but the flavours are bold and inviting! I love the photo of your farmers market, I'm waiting for the Colorado markets to get going. We've been so cold still I wonder if we'll get summer at all or just jump to autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nazneen,
      Farmers markets are gorgeous here and the best is they are open all year round.
      Hope the weather is getting better at your place soon and you can enjoy the sun and seasonal fruits soon.

      Delete
  11. Love this dish Daniela. It is perfect for company and just one pan. I love fresh markets and wish ours were even half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abbe,
      yes farmers markets are very beautiful over here and the best is they carry nearly all these fruits and veggies the whole year round. We are definitely spoiled :)
      Cheers.

      Delete
  12. Wow...super easy and super delicious. I love such recipes...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taruna,
      It is actually very easy and we all here at home love it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Chicken thighs and chorizo…my husband would love this flavorful dish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Qué buen plato, con lo rico que es el chorizo español!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I adore spicy so I could really enjoy this! What a wonderful dish. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia,
      So glad to hear that you enjoyed the post. We all here love spicy too, it gives such a lot of flavor.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  16. Love everything about this dish Daniela, I don't eat much meat but bacon and chorizo are my weaknesses! Great dish, perfect balances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cherie for yogur kind feedback!

      Delete
  17. What a perfect summer dish! I love chorizo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your chicken looks great, Daniela. Enjoy the lovely weather while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Beth,
    The weather did last untill our trip to Viena and now we enjoy beautiful springtime weather over here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Daniela, I'm not a big meat eater but I love anything chorizo or bacon. Beautiful way to spice up the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheri ,
      I'm not a big meat eater either but something tasty like spicy chorizos from time to time is nice.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  21. This looks fantastic. I think I'll make this for dinner tonight. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the look of the flavours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlie!
      So glad to hear that you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  22. Hi Daniela! I love a one-pot dish, and the best thing is that this is made in an oven! This looks absolutely amazing and delicious, definitely saving this recipe to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like such a tasty meal!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the looks of those tomatillos and 'yellow peppers' in the Farmer's Market- maybe those could be added to your dish too? Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fran, thank you for the inspiration, I think that's a great idea!

      Delete
  25. Wow Daniela, what an easy and very flavorful dish you've shared with us!!! I can't wait to try this, as I love spicy dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those colorful vegetables at the market look great! I love that dish cooks in the oven uninterrupted. Perfect for reading a book while dinner makes itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa, I wish you could visit our markets ones, I'm sure you would love them!

      Delete
  27. This dish sounds delicious...really packed with lot of flavors, especially with the spicy chorizo...beautiful with all the colors!
    Have a great day Daniela :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much,Juliana for this sweet feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simply damn delicious...
    i will gladly let you review my homemade spanish chorizo my friend!!!
    Dedy@Dentist Chef

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great post Daniela! Your markets looks wonderful. California has been in a severe draught for 4 years now. Everyone is fighting over who should have the most water - farmers or the general residents, and then a waterline breaks and all the precious water pours into the street. It is crazy. We could use an El Niño. I am pinning your recipe - love the spice.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry, I forgot to ask what is sprinkled on the chicken thighs? It looks like a spice.

    M.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2014 The Ambassador's Table • All Rights Reserved.
back to top