Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Italy meets China: Wan Tan Raviolis With Ricotta And Spinach




I do  agree completely with a comment my blogger friend Tricia wrote :
"So many wonderful dishes- so little time!"
This is why this weeks recipe is a delicious treat but very easy to do and not time consuming at all.
You will have great tasting (nearly) home made ravioli with a light and fluffy "pasta" and a great filling- all done in just a few minutes.

Ingredients:


1 packet ( about 16 pieces) of Wantan wrap
500g    fresh Spinach
1 garlic  clove, finely chopped
2 scallions, finely chopped
3 spoonful of good quality Olive oil
250g ricotta
1 egg yolk
1 egg white
30 g freshly ground Parmesan cheese
salt, pepper and nutmeg

Preparation:

Wash the spinach and in the meantime boil water in a large pot. Cook the spinach for only 1 minute.Once done,drain the water and press out excess liquid from the spinach, chop roughly.




Heat olive oil in a large pan and sauté scallions and chopped garlic until glazed.

 

Mix the spinach with ricotta ,scallions, Parmesan and egg yolk. Add salt,pepper and nutmeg.



place a Wantan wrap and

  


cut the dough into circles with a round cookie cutter or a ring mold



Wet your finger with a bit of egg white and rub it along the inside edge of the dough so the edges will stick together.
Place the filling in the center.

·   

Carefully fold over the circle with the filling into a semi circle 


Crimp down the edges with a fork.

Put 1 spoonful of oil in the water.
Drop the raviolis in abundant boiling, slightly salted water until the float on the surface ( it will not take long, about 1 to 2 minutes).


Drain well and dip into a warmed large serving dish.
Top with sage butter. ( melt butter until foaming and fry some sage leaves in the butter, add salt and pepper) The sage butter adds great flavor to this dish. You can as well sprinkle grated Parmesan over the raviolis. I personally prefer to use  only sage butter for its delicate flavor will not overwhelm the taste of the ravioli. 
 Decorate with fresh tomatoes and Basil leaves.
Serves 4.
Enjoy!
See you next week.
Share this article

38 comments:

  1. Daniela, I can never get nice photos when I make won ton raviolis; but yours look lovely! I'm digging the creamy filling, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kari,
      I'm happy to hear that you liked the pictures!
      The filling is easy and healthy, lots of vitamines and proteins :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi Daniela, that's look delicious. I think I need at least 6 pieces, please! Very nice pictures, all very well taken.
    I love this wanton wrapper, very versatile.

    Have a lovely day ahead. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia,
      You are right ,Wantan wrap is really versatile and a great time saver.
      I'm happy to hear you liked the pictures. It's fun to learn a bit about photography and food styling.
      Have a great weekend ahead!

      Delete
  3. This is another wonderful recipe. I used to make a similar mixture but used it to stuff pasta shells - I like your idea and the sage butter - oh my! I also agree with Kari - beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia ,
      thank you so much for your great feedback. It was actually you who gave me the idea about publishing in this post an express recipe.
      I liked your comment: "so many wonderful dishes - so little time" :))
      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Great way to save time making ravioli! I've sometimes used this method, too, when I didn't feel like making my own dough. Fun recipe - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,
      It's always great to speed up the time you spend in the kitchen a bit, especially in summer and still have a nice dish at your table.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful meal. I love how you used wonton wrappers - what a time saver xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlie!
      You are so right, the Wantan wrappers are great time savers and very versatile.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. What a brilliant idea! These wontan raviolis look mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I' m happy to hear you enjoyed the recipe Angie!
      I always seem to prepare not enough of this dish :)

      Delete
  7. Oh mine! You just made one of my favorite dishes! I have quite a few ravioli recipes posted on my blog. I use a ravioli mold that a purchased in Williams-Sonoma that I find very handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia,
      We are definitly at the same wave length - Ravioli are one of my favorites too.
      Thank you so much for the tipp where
      to find a Ravioli mold!
      I 'll check for your R recipes right now , it's always an inspiring visit.

      Delete
  8. Happy marriage of two cultures.. =) These looks delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and they lived happily ever after :)
      Glad to hear you liked the post.

      Delete
  9. A great idea to use wonton wrappers! These look easy and delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty,
      I' m happy to hear that you liked the recipe. Actually it's really easy and fast to prepare and it seems I can never make enough of these raviolis :)

      Delete
  10. these are absolutely wonderful! such a clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn for your kind feedback!
      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  11. I love dumplings of any kind and this looks crazy good! Love the simplicity of this ravioli recipe. Lovely post Daniela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post Anne.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Lovely ravioli! A refined dish.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome idea, they look really yummy, good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear you enjoyed the post Nathalie.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. What a creative mix! Loved it. Simply loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, I'm happy to hear you liked the post :)

      Delete
  15. Great fusion dish, I have heard of raviolis with wanton, now I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will see when you prepare the raviolis how easy and fast this dish is.
      Bon apetit and thanks for stopping
      by!

      Delete
  16. They look so delicious and gourmet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam, happy to hear you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  17. These look delicious! I love meals that don't take a lot of time to make :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Amy,
    You are so right , it's great to have a nice dish that doesn't take much time to prepare.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sage butter sounds great with these ravioli! I love the look of the ravioli with the green spinach inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      the Sage butter combines quite well with the flavor of the Ravioli. I actually prefer it to grated cheese because the sage aroma is more delicate.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Copyright © 2014 The Ambassador's Table • All Rights Reserved.
back to top